High Heels and Training Wheels: My First Vlog!! Top 10 Favorite Products Under $5

header1

9.25.2013

My First Vlog!! Top 10 Favorite Products Under $5

 I told you a vlog was eventually coming! Can I get a little fanfare?? I was able to find 5 (or 15 but who's counting?) whole minutes of (almost) quiet AND have makeup on at the same time and thus this little beaut of a video was born. Actually it's not a beaut at all. In fact, I hang my head in shame at this embarrassment. I cannot even count the amount of times I say or "um" or "like". Annnnd I talk a whole lot. But if the future of this blog had been contingent on my first posts in those early days, I would not be blogging right now either. Those posts were horrid and I don't even know how I gained a single follower. But you gotta just check your dignity at the door, and push on. I mean, we've all got to start somewhere, right? Right.
So today I have partnered with Kallie at But First, Coffee.  She is so totally adorable and I absolutely love her videos. She is the inspiration behind my choice to vlog and for some reason (probably pity) she's agreed to collaborate with me. So stop by her YouTube channel and blog and show her some love...she deserves it after agreeing to be associated with this video!
Today we're bringing you our top 10 favorite products under $5. We are, as she says, drugstore divas and I love great products for a great price....my entire makeup arsenal is comprised of cheap finds so I'm sharing my top 10 with you lovlies. I'm sorry You're welcome. 






  1. Wet n' Wild Lipstick....................$0.99
  2. e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzer.....$3.00
  3. Sinful Colors Polish in 24/7............$1.98
  4. e.l.f. Total Face Brush/Blush Brush.....$1.00/$3.00
  5. Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color.............$3.94
  6. Maybelline Collossal Mascara............$4.79
  7. e.l.f. Lash and Brow Clear Mascara......$1.00
  8. e.l.f. Makeup Cleansing Cloths..........$3.00
  9. e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner..............$3.00 
  10. Broadway Real-Life Press On Nails.......$4.99
*Bonus* Revlon Lip Butter.........$5.84


So how bad was it? I have full hopes that they'll get better and I'll seem more like "me". And I'm hoping they'll get shorter...but I'm not holding my breath on that one ;) Until next time...

You can also find High Heels on TwitterFacebook and Pinterest!

And now on YouTube...go subscribe!






10 comments :

  1. Yay! I'm commenting here and on the video just because I loved it that much :-D OK, now I need to go post mine to my blog, I'm behind haha!
    <3 Kallie, www.butfirstcoffeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Lindsey ! Girl it takes courage to post videos and I commend you. It just takes one, one post one video. Whatever comes after that you can take it, be it good or be it bad. Either way, I'm with you! (Loved the subbie request " out of pity, I'll take it" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey! This Vlog was great... I think it's so cool when people do this! I know I would never be brave enough to do it. I love your style tips and products that you shared, also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did great for your first time. And I love all the product suggestions. I'm a HUGE e.l.f. fan. I have been wanting to try the daily brush cleanser but just haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, I have yet taken the vlogging plunge but admire those who do. As with everything in life...it takes time so be patient and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for that because you are the only who has commented on the video! It must have been worse than I thought! haha And I loved your vlog (as I knew I would!) and I have some new products I need to go try now! I had so much fun doing this and I don't think I would have ever built up the courage without you so thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You aren't kidding, girl! I redid this entire video 3 times because it's so hard not to feel nervous! I mean, we put ourselves out there every time we blog but doing it on camera is sooo much different! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Seriously. I've never stalked one of my own posts like I did today! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so so much, Joanna! It really, really means a lot because I was so nervous to post this! I sat on this video for almost a week debating on whether I was going to be courageous enough to post it. Thanks so much for your encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Sarah! I still feel like I wasn't completely "me" but I'm hoping it gets easier in time. Thank you for the encouragement! And definitely try the brush cleanser! It makes cleaning your brushes so much easier...and it smells good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. After finally posting, my advice is just do it! I was so nervous about it and I'm still not completely in love with how it turned out but I did it! And it can only go up from here, right? :) Thanks so much for stopping by, Antionette!

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips