High Heels and Training Wheels: Summer Survival: The Date Night

header1

8.03.2014

Summer Survival: The Date Night

Ok, so if you have followed my blog for any length of time, you ladies already know that date nights are far and few between for this mama of 3. If you're a mom, you're nodding your head, saying "Yep!". You know what that's like. So when I do get that rare chance, I take it very seriously. This is my opportunity! This is my time to shine and get all gussied up! (fyi: "gussied" is the official term) I want to step out carefree and fabulous, sans kids. I want to throw on my heels and lipstick without worrying about sticky hands, runny noses or repeated whines of "She's looking at me." "He pushed me." or my personal favorite, "The cat threw up again." (I hear that one a lot more than you would think!)
Needless to say, date nights can be a savior for me when I'm ready to pull my hair out. Summertime is by far my favorite time for these date nights. My winter ensemble consists of two styles: bulky and even more bulky. But summer, I can whip out those skirts and dresses and those (gasp!) sexy, strappy tops. I'm mommy no more; I am wife and goddess. (humor me here)

Of course, my under things have to accommodate these summer styles. I'm sorry, I am just not a fan of thongs....but I'm not a fan of underwear lines either. And do you have any idea what a pain it is to have to keep yanking at your strapless bra? You're a woman, of course you do. But what's the alternative? Have your bra showing? No thanks. Maidenform has become imperative for my summer survival. Yes, I said imperative. I want to be able to strut my stuff for my hubs on those rare date nights without worrying about what I can and can't wear based on what I have to go under it. I didn't find a babysitter so I can look mediocre....yet again. I didn't leave my worries behind so I can gain another. I want quality, comfortable, effortless pieces that help me look my best self. Don't you? Of course you do!


So I've built some of my favorite summer date night looks and have included all the necessary Maidenform pieces I need to make them perfect. It's all about surviving summer; making the best of those dates.


Lace Top- Choies / Skirt- Choies / Necklace- Oasap / Flats- Target
The Problem:
This skirt is a recent purchase but it has quickly become a favorite. I think it's femininity makes it ideal for date night! However, with a chiffon fabric comes the concern of opacity. This skirt is somewhat see-through and if I'm not careful, I'm going to be showing things that people need not see.

The Fix:
The MAIDENFORM® WEIGHTLESS COMFORT™SHORTIE SLIMMER is perfect for pairing with this skirt because the length is short enough to sneak it under, the color is nude so it blends right in and I don't have to worry about bending over. Having shorts under a skirt is great for confidence!

Dress- Eshakti / Necklace- Oasap / Heels- Charlotte Russe / Bracelet- Walmart
The Problem:
I love this dress for it's simplicity and versatility. It can absolutely be dressed up for date night but it can also be dressed down for daytime. The problem this dress gives me, is finding a bra to work with the neckline. The straps go around the neck, similar to a halter but the cut of the dress seems to drag down my ordinary strapless bra.

The Fix:
The COMFORTDEVOTION NATURAL BOOST STRAPLESS MULTIWAY is the ideal bra for just about any top. The straps are removable and can be worn 9 different ways. Yeah, 9! So this bra is pretty much the do-it-all-for-you bra. Which is great if you're like me and you're going through the mountains of laundry at the last minute, screaming "Where is that one bra that goes with this top?" The strapless multiway goes with anything.

Dress- H&M / Gold Glitter Heels- Charlotte Russe / Necklace- Oasap
The Problem:
This flowy dress, a lot like the flowy skirt, is great for it's femininity. The loose, flowing fabric is graceful and fun but it poses the problem of no structure. There's nothing to hold me in; I want my bits and pieces to all stay in the right place!

The Fix:
The MAIDENFORM® COMFORT DEVOTION SMOOTHBODY WYOB FULL SLIP smooths and defines in all the right places: back, tummy, waist and hips​. It adheres to your own shape and leaves no visible lines. The neckline is low enough that you can wear with just about any style so you be "held together" in any kind of dress.

Silk Racerback Tank- TJ Maxx / Faux Leather Leggings- Oasap / Heels- Shoe Dazzle
The Problem:
I have had this tank for years and it is still cannot be matched. It's not revealing but it's still sexy in that it shows off my shoulders and the neckline is really fun. However, as with any tank that has an unusual cut, no ordinary bra works and I end up with that same strapless bra that slides down all night.

The Fix:
The MAIDENFORM® COMFORT DEVOTION TAILORED T-BACK BRA could not be more perfect for a racer back tank. In fact, it's practically made for it. I don't have to do the horrid "strapless bra yank" anymore! You can bet I will be wearing more tops like this one now!



It's summer date night made easy! Now you can run out and get your perfect pieces with Maidenform to fit all your favorite summer date night looks. So go ahead and snag your hubby and have that fabulous date you've been dreaming about! I can't find you a babysitter or book your reservations but I can make getting ready a whole lot easier!
Image Map
Not a follower? Not a problem! Click one of the ways above to stay up on all things 
High Heels and Training Wheels!




This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Maidenform. The opinions and text are all mine.

linking with: Watch What I'm Wearing // Sunday FUNday // Funday Mondays // Monday Bloom // Monday Mingle // Monday Must-Haves // Real Mom Style // Manic Monday //  Style Elixir // Trend Spin //

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips