High Heels and Training Wheels: 2014: The Year In Style Review

header1

12.29.2014

2014: The Year In Style Review

So if you've kept up with my blog for any length of time, or if you've happened to have read my 'About Me' page, then you know I began this blog as a way to document my own journey into the unknown realm of "personal style". That makes it sound so much bigger than it really is, but when I made the choice to stop dressing exclusively in sweats, I was staring into this dark unknown territory and it was terrifying. I had spent years as a sheltered stay-at-home mom and my biggest excursions in those days consisted of grocery store shopping and preschool drop offs; I had completely forgotten what it was even like to "get dressed" or to "pick out clothes". I had no wardrobe, no closet, just drawers and drawers of yoga pants and t-shirts. So this being my second year blogging, I figured one of the greatest ways to take a look at how my personal style journey has evolved is to....well....see how it's evolved!

Now I'm not going to go all the way back through 2 years of outfit posts (yes, you may take a big sigh of relief) for 2 reasons. A.) that's 2 years worth of posts and this would be the world's longest post ever and B.) those first posts from the beginning are suuuuper embarrassing. It was like watching a toddler trying to figure out how to put their shoes on the right feet. It's that bad. If you really want to know where I began, you'll have to go back through the archives on your own because I really just cannot bring myself to post them a second time. Once was bad enough!

So this is just the 2014 recap. And even the outfits throughout this last year, I only chose my favorites for today because, hey, they can't all be winners. Amirite? So without further ado, here are my fashion favorites from 2014...




2.04.2014 


2.09.2014 



3.23.2014

 Maxi and Denim


6.01.2014

Chambray


5.21.2014

Pink Skirt


5.25.2014

Neon


6.10.2014

Leather Shorts


6.18.2014

Green Dress


7.22.2014

Stripes and Leopard


7.27.2014

Lace on Lace



8.24.2014

Lace and Booties


9.14.2014

Neutrals


9.21.2014

Leather Leggings


9.23.2014

Blazer and Booties


9.28.2014

Emerald and Houndstooth


12.01.2014

Military Jacket


12.10.2014

A Vision in Grey


Looking at the whole year at a glance, I realize it's just getting better and better over time. The reason my earlier posts don't appeal to me anymore is because this has been a learning experience and we all have to start somewhere. I've learned that the more I step out of my comfort zone and the more I try to push myself, the happier I am with the final look. In the beginning I would have never worn leather shorts and I didn't even own a pair of heels (it's criminal, I know!) but those turn out to be my favorite looks!

I also learned that I should have cut my hair a loooooong time ago! It's hard to look at those older posts and not have my eyes immediately drawn to my horrible, stringy hair. Yuck! And the one last thing learned; there always seems to be something very interesting off to the right! Seriously, did you notice that?? 2015 resolution: look at the camera! Ha! We live and we learn! That's what I've really learned this year; live and learn! ;) All in all, it has been a good year for my personal style and I look forward to sharing more of my journey in 2015!

Which 2014 look is your favorite?



Image Map
Not a follower? Not a problem! Click one of the ways above to stay up on all things 
High Heels and Training Wheels!

No comments :

Post a Comment

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips