High Heels and Training Wheels: Back With a BANG!

header1

2.04.2014

Back With a BANG!

What? A fashion post? You say, "We haven't seen one of those in so long!" I say, "No kidding!" 3 months long to be exact. I think I've made it perfectly clear that I do not like the cold. This "polar vortex" (said in my snarkiest voice) has not been my friend; even less of a friend to my fashion posts. I can barely talk myself into getting out in the cold for pictures but my husband? Fagetaboutit! Can't exactly do pictures when you have no one to take them, can you? Well, that's what friends in high places are for! Enter: my bestest photographer friend, Kristy!




Kristy and I have become friends via our daughters. They were in the same dance class together and now they are in the same homeschool group. Needless to say, we have had plenty of opportunity to get acquainted over the years and I have learned that Kristy is an amazing photographer. She has done gorgeous pictures of Izzy in the past and now she has so kindly offered to do some for me. So not only am I back, I'm back new and improved with some fabulous shots!








Cardigan c/o Oasap // Chambray- Walmart // Skinnies- American Eagle (thrifted) // Booties c/o Oasap

Are they not amazing?! Have I ever looked this good? And what's even better? She has a photography business! She does newborns, children, families, seniors, engagements, weddings....and kick ass fashion shoots, of course! ;) You can check out her website or her Facebook page for her portfolio and her rates. She has such creative ideas and she is amazing with kids! She had my super-shy baby giggling and smiling in no time. I'm telling you guys, she's awesome! I mean, have I ever looked this good? Let's all say it: "Thaaaank yooou, Kristy!"


So let's talk about the clothes now, shall we? Can't have a fashion post without the fashion! I have been wanting an Aztec print sweater for quite some time now but, as with most things, I was holding out until I could find a good price on one. I've told you before, I am incredibly frugal. This one from Oasap was $20 and that was just about perfect for me. It was the perfect color but the black and navy were enticing as well. If only I could buy all 3! But this can be styled so many ways, I can't wait to have fun with it!




P.S. To let you know how I truly feel about the Polar Vortex, here's my favorite German, Flula, with a pretty accurate account (be prepared to laugh....a lot):

"Spring: I want your flowers and butterflies also"

You can also find High Heels on TwitterFacebook and YouTube!


 http://www.kristyhamilton.com/





31 comments :

  1. I LOVE that cardigan. I wish I had someone to take my photos. My husband doesn't really have the time.. I usually end up taking them in the mirror with my camera phone or using the timer on my camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't lie, it's really nice. I got lucky! I used a timer for so long when the weather was nice but since I lack a tripod, I would set my camera on the rail of our deck....which is now covered in 4 inches of snow! I can't wait until winter is over! haha Thanks for stopping by, Alex! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit! Loving the aztec cardi!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the aztec and the layering!! I did the same sort of layering over the chambray on my blog, I do like the aztec spin you put to yours however! You look great!
    xoxo
    Kendra
    www.fashionstyilingbykendra@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I started looking through the pics obsessed with your hair-- LOVE the color. But then I got to the point where the mustard booties made their appearance. Never would have though to pair them with the olive/grey jeans, but I love they way they pop! Great seeing a new face through #RealMomStyle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Believe it or not, that hair color comes from a box! I pay $3.97 to color my hair each month! haha And you know what, when I pulled this outfit together I had a totally different pair of shoes picked out but I love these booties and I rarely get to wear them so I said why not. I can't really take credit for the pairing; it was just basically a kid with a new toy kind of scenario. haha Glad to see it looks alright though! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you decided to get outside and do a post — the aztec cardigan is what caught my attention followed by the booties. The zip in the back is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back with a bang for sure! Great photos! I love the aztec print sweater and those booties!!


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh ive missed your outfits! that polar vortex has a lot to answer for *shakes fist at!!* i am loving this cardigan, its the perfect throw on and its perfect companion is that chambray shirt. love it! hope to see more outfits soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving that cardi and those booties are to DIE for! Stay warm..I am SO over this cold snowy weather. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that aztec top!! :)


    Bex
    olivedragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mix of pieces in this outfit-- tribal print, chambray, olive and those booties-- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good eye, Maria! I didn't realize you could see the zipper until you said something. It is a really cute feature, I should have gotten a closer picture! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Chelsea! It feels good to be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww thank you Rachel! I was wondering if anyone noticed my absence, it's so nice that you did! :) I'm definitely back to stay....I've made a deal with myself to brave the cold and continue on! Can't wait for this Friday's Passion for Fashion and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right?! We had 5 in of snow yesterday and we're expecting 4 more today! This has been the coldest, most brutal winter we've had in a long time. And I HATE the cold! I live in the wrong part of the country! haha Thanks so much for stopping by, Carly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! It wasn't at all the outfit I had pictured when I ordered the cardigan but it just kind of came together this way in the end. I love when I surprise even myself! haha Thanks for stopping by, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute outfit! Love the Aztec cardi. And love your blog! Found you on WIW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cardigan is gorgeous! And so is the photography! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the way you paired up the cardigan with the pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just discovered your blog through the Passion for Fashion linkup! Love this outfit, great photos too Px

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much, Angela! I'm glad you found me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you! I love her photography too, she does amazing work! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Dara! I'm glad you found me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, Maggie! It wasn't at all the outfit I had pictured when I ordered the cardigan but it just kind of came together this way in the end. I love when I surprise even myself! haha Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you! I'm glad you found me and so happy you stopped by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww that's a bummer! Can't find what you're looking for there or something? I love them because they have great prices. I try to hold out on trendy pieces that I know won't last long until I can find them for cheap. Oasap usually has what I'm looking for...most times! I'm glad you stopped by, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, Merrie! It's definitely a bold print and just a touch out of my comfort zone but I'm glad I took the chance! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Welcome back!! I was wondering where you went!! So glad to see your pretty style posts. Hope you have a great week! xo~Sherry

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips