High Heels and Training Wheels: DIY Lip Scrub

header1

2.21.2014

DIY Lip Scrub

Hey guys! I wanted to do a quick post today. We are in the dead of winter and it sucks. Full out S-U-C-K-S, sucks!! I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, I hate winter; for so many reasons. However, here in the Ohio Valley, we went from legit blizzards where the kids were out of school for almost 2 full weeks due to freezing temperatures and snow upon snow upon snow, to tornadoes today. Yep. Tornadoes. In February! What's up Mother Nature??? I need to relocate.


Annnyyyway, aside from the bipolar weather going on here right now, one big reason winter always sucks, that a lot of people suffer from, is the dry air. My skin is ashy and itchy, my hair is full of static and my lips are cracked and in dire need of moisture. Well, yesterday I lost my Carmex and I darn near had a panic attack. I can't survive winter without my Carmex! It was a full-on tragedy! Something had to be done! 





So in the midst of my panic, I had a moment of clarity and had the genius idea of looking to my good friend Pinterest for some answers. As usual, she pulled through and solved my problem....well, sorta. I didn't quite have all of the ingredients for this lip scrub so I substituted and came up with my own that worked beautifully. I wanted to share it with you guys for those days when you just can't find your Carmex; because, trust me, I know how devastating that is!





DIY LIP SCRUB INGREDIENTS


• 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (you could also use olive oil or even something like Vaseline)
• 1 tbsp. Honey
• 2 tbsp. Sugar (I prefer white)
• (optional) Flavor of some sort i.e. Peppermint, etc.


Mix all of your ingredients together. You could do this in a bowl or, if you want to store it, you could use something with a lid like an old lip balm jar. Once everything is mixed together, apply it to your lips. You can use your fingers to gently rub the mixture in circles on your lips. OR if you wanted maximum exfoliation, you could even use a toothbrush to apply it. I'll warn you now, you will want to lick your lips! I won't lie, I had a taste or two! After you've rubbed in your lip scrub, just wipe it off and boom! Lips no longer in a crisis! Now you don't have to cry the next time you lose your Carmex! Yay! Until next time...




You can also find High Heels on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube!



linking with: Funday Mondays // Makeup Monday 

5 comments :

  1. Just found your blog though "That Friday Blog Hop"......glad I did! I'm from Ontario, Canada, and we went from crazy freezing weather to thunder, lightning and rain storms. Anyway loving this DIY lip scrub. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy right?? We went from shoveling snow to sleeping in the basement in a matter of days! It's just not right! haha I'm glad you like the lip balm; it definitely saved me the other day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across you blog hopping! I am really really loving homemade recipes at the moment - I think when it comes to face masks etc I actually prefer them to pre made shop bought products. I hope the weather picks up for you soon!

    Thrifty Firecracker x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea. I love making a whole body scrub with similar ingredients.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips