Your hair now:
How No Poo can help:
How to use No Poo:
- Wet your hair thoroughly.
- Put a tbsp of baking soda in your hand. (just eyeball it, it's not science) Your hand should already be wet and the baking soda should start to dissolve in your hand.
- Push the baking soda toward your fingertips; it should feel kind of slick to the touch. Massage it into your scalp, thoroughly working the baking soda into your roots. I have a lot of hair and periodically I have to get more baking soda, so you can always add more if you need to. Make sure you keep the mixture at the roots where oil starts to build up.
- Let this set in your hair for a minute or so. I like to wash my face or body while it sets.
- The mixture should no longer feel gritty. If it is not "slippery" feeling, try working it through with your fingertips a little more or letting it set for just a little longer. Once you get that "slippery" feeling, rinse. Thoroughly. Ever made a volcano? You do NOT want to mix the baking soda with the vinegar.
- After it is rinsed, spray in your apple cider vinegar. Focus on the length of your hair, you don't need this on your roots. (It will smell like you're dying Easter eggs while it's in your hair but there will be no smell at all once you rinse.)
- Rinse! Again, thoroughly.