High Heels and Training Wheels: Just Because I Love Him

header1

6.15.2013

Just Because I Love Him

He's crazy, he's obnoxious, he tells bad jokes and he's all mine. Because yesterday marked our 5 year anniversary and because Father's Day is tomorrow, this post is all about the man in my life.

disclaimer: picture OVERLOAD










My husband is a breed all his own. You really have to known him, to get him. He makes me laugh every single day and for a woman who stresses easy, he's exactly what I need. He appreciates the jokes on the Laffy Taffy and watches cartoons with the best of them. Our favorite shows to watch as a couple are Wizard's of Waverly Place, Phineas and Ferb and Good Luck Charlie. If Disney ever goes under, we're in trouble.

He's a man who fully believes a husband should take care of his wife and he does it well. I don't put gas in the car, I don't make my own coffee, I don't do the dishes (which I believe to be the work of the devil) and I never go without my Life cereal or cinnamon rolls when a midnight craving hits. He gets up at 5am every morning and works his butt off to take care of us. When money is low, he makes personal sacrifices for us. And most of all, he's an amazing dad. When I was a young, single mom of 2 boys, it was Justin who stepped in and took care of us. It was Justin who stepped in and taught them how to hit a baseball, how to fly a kite, how to build the best forts, how to dribble a basketball, and how to ride a bike. It is Justin who protects his little princess, who has the best tickle fights, who stayed up until 4am on a Christmas Eve to put together the world's most complicated play kitchen and who will cry all the way down a big water slide just because his baby girl asked him to.

















It's so easy to gab to your girlfriends or family when you're pissed off at your significant other and to tell them how big of a jackass he was being when you're arguing over something ridiculous. And we tend to forget all they do and how much better our lives are with them. When we're having a bad day, it's the husbands that have to pay for it. It's when you step back and realize how amazing they are that you realize how lucky you are. I have been so fortunate to find my other half and I fully realize just how lucky I am. Happy anniversary and Happy Father's Day, honey! We love you!

 photo Signature.png
You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and    Pinterest!



6 comments :

  1. Is my face red from embarrassment? You know I hate any attention at all. Thank you for being the greatest mom ever to our daughter. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet. Happy Anniversary! and happy fathers day to Justin. Hope you all have an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful ode to your husband - he sounds like an incredible man. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips