High Heels and Training Wheels: Easy (No Curling Iron Needed) Beach Waves

header1

7.22.2013

Easy (No Curling Iron Needed) Beach Waves

It's summer and we all want beach waves. I don't have a beach but dang it, I want the waves anyway! I tried for a really long time with a curling iron and it just wasn't the same. You could totally tell that I hadn't been to the beach! (In case that didn't efficiently come across as sarcasm, I don't really think I'm going to fool anyone into thinking I've actually been to the beach. Just FYI) So if your curling iron is letting you down too or (gasp) your curling iron went out, you can still get your waves.







You need:


  • Blow Dryer
  • Gel or Mousse of some sort
  • Spray Bottle with Water
  • 4 Bobby Pins
  • 4 Small Pony Tail Holders





  1. Dampen hair with a spray bottle
  2. Separate into 4 sections with your ponies and twist one at a time
  3. Twist until the hair coils into itself
  4. Secure the bun with a bobby pin

   
    
     5. Continue twisting the other 3 sections until all 4 sections are pinned up
     6. Blow dry until no longer damp and then let the hair cool
     7. Unpin each bun
     8. Separate the twists, do a nice hair flip and....
Ta da!
The tighter your twists are, the tighter your "waves" will be. If you want a looser wave, do a looser twist. I don't use any sort of hairspray or that sea salt spray, mousse holds well enough for me, but that's up to you. Happy waving, guys! Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

You can also find High Heels on TwitterFacebook and Pinterest!



6 comments :

  1. I love beach waves and now that my hair is longer have been playing around with it. Does this make your hair stiff?
    Also, I nominated you for an award...
    http://mymomsawhackjob.blogspot.com/2013/07/double-fun-double-pleasure.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! My hair barely holds a curl, but if I add some sea salt to water in a spray bottle it gives it natural texture and hold better.
    I found you on the Monday Mingle Link up!

    A Golden State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial!! Love the beach wave look! Found you from the collective blog hop! Really liking your blog! (:

    Alyssa

    http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks, Jules!! :) And this doesn't make my hair stiff at all. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I use mousse instead of a gel. That's exactly why I like mousse. It holds without being "crispy" and my hair feels completely natural. I love doing my hair like this because I have A LOT of hair and I hate trying to curl it all. It's really easy to just throw it up in the buns and be done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try that! I didn't want to pay for sea salt spray but making my own is a great idea! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Alyssa! I'm glad you stopped by! :)

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips