High Heels and Training Wheels: {Bloggerific Tutes Tuesday} Give Your Font Some Bling

header1

4.21.2013

{Bloggerific Tutes Tuesday} Give Your Font Some Bling

Hey, guys! Earlier this week when I mentioned my new blog design,  I had quite a few people ask me how I did certain things. Adding glitter pattern to fonts was heavily requested; I guess the new design is a hit! So today kicks off a new tutorial series: Bloggerific Tutes. I'm going to (try) to post a new tutorial each week on blog design and Photoshop. I know first hand how hard it is to learn all this bloggy stuff. It took me quite a while to figure it all out so hopefully I can make it a little easier for you guys by putting together all of my tips and tricks in one place for you! I'm still learning new things everyday but you guys can learn it right along with me. Today is...



You are going to need Photoshop for this tutorial. There may be other programs or sites that will allow you to do this but this tutorial is for Photoshop.

tip: clicking the images will enlarge them for better visibility.

Step 1: Setting Your Pattern





First, pick a image that you want as your pattern. This pattern is what will overlay your font (or picture). It doesn't have to be glitter, I've used chevron and other designs before. The picture does not have to be a uniform pattern, as you can see above. You can use the selector tool (in the above picture) to highlight just the part of the image you want to use as your pattern.



After you've selected the part of the image you want to use click Edit>Define Pattern.



A window will pop up asking you to name the pattern. Choose a name that has a unique identifier so you know what it is. For this pattern I would use 'Gold Glitter'. After you've named it, then click 'OK'


Step 2: Applying Your Pattern




Now we go to the file with the font we are wanting to add our pattern to. You can actually do this to an image or shape as well. Pretty much any kind of clip art or anything can have a pattern overlay added to it. If you're choosing to do this to an image, you'll do it the same way as I'm doing the font here. Right click on your text or image layer and click 'Blending Options'



A new window will pop up for you to select your layer style. We are adding a pattern so we select 'Pattern Overlay' over on the left and it will bring you to this screen you see above. Then click the "Pattern" drop down menu to select the pattern we saved earlier in step 1. Click 'Ok' and you'll get this...


That's it! You're done! Just sit back and enjoy your bling! 
I tried to explain this as thoroughly as possible, but I'm still very new to tutorials. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and ask away. I'm happy to help!
 photo Signature.png
You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and Pinterest!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips