High Heels and Training Wheels: Pinning for the Win

header1

3.30.2014

Pinning for the Win

It's another outfit post! I really have to give myself a pat on the back for my consistency; something I've been lacking here lately. Granted it's only been 2 weeks but it's still more than there has been around this ghost town. I'm hoping the change in the seasons will re-inspire my will to put together outfits and motivation to photograph them. I hate cold weather anyway and this winter has been particularly Brutal. With a capital B!

Speeeaaaking of photographing them, my husband had a long day on the softball field and immediately came home for a nap. I couldn't let my well-thought-out outfit go to waste so I enlisted the help of my 5 year old. So while you're perusing through and maybe thinking these look a little less than perfect, remember a very small child took them...I have to applaud her effort and stand by her for helping me out in a bind ;)











Blazer- Target // Chambray- JC Pennys // Jeans- Old Navy // Belt- thrifted // Flats- Target // Sunnies- Target


So if you remember last week's post where I shared my lack of funds and need for spring outfit inspiration, this probably looks a little familiar. I'm putting all my pins to good use and recreating like a boss! I saw this pin and I thought it looked effortless, especially given that I had all the pieces. That's been my entire mission for this spring after all; turning what I already have into new spring looks. I initially thought that this would be depressing, not being able to shop this season, but it's actually been quite fun seeing all the ways I can wear things that I had never thought of before. It's like literally shopping  in my own closet. I have a much bigger wardrobe than I thought! I guarantee you do too and I definitely recommend giving it a try!

This outfit in particular is a perfect example of of how wearing things in a different way can streeeeetch your wardrobe. It's casual on the whole, with the chambray and flats, but the blazer gives it that finished look. It looks easy-breezy/casual and well thought out/put-together all at the same time.

It's nothing more than very simple, classic pieces but paired in a whole new way from how I have ever styled them. You can see where I have worn these white jeans, blazer and chambray countless times but not once did I think to put them together! Not once! I still would have never pulled it all together like this if it wasn't for new inspiration, so I'm grateful for the guidance.  I seriously cannot stress how much opening your mind and changing how you look at your clothes can do for your budget! Maybe all of you are already doing this but, for me, it's been so enlightening and game changing. You can check out my spring outfit board on Pinterest for some great ideas. You fellow bloggers inspire me everyday so thank you for sharing!


What do you think? Was it a pin win?


via


Not a follower yet? No problem! Click one of the many ways above to stay up on all things High Heels and Training Wheels!


linking with: Watch What I'm Wearing // Sunday FUNday // Sunday Style // Funday Mondays // Monday Bloom //  Monday Mingle // Monday Must-Haves // Real Mom Style // Manic Monday // Style Elixir // Trend Spin // WIWW // WIWW @ Pleated Poppy // Random Wednesday // Get Your Pretty On // My Whims Wednesday // The Tiny Heart //  Lovely Thursdays // Vodka Infused Lemonade // Three-fer Thursday //Spotlight Weekly // All Things Thursday //  Let Your Light Shine

No comments :

Post a Comment

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips