High Heels and Training Wheels: Oh What the Hell, Right?

header1

5.16.2013

Oh What the Hell, Right?

Alright you guys, I'm always talking about my "comfort zone" and how I don't have the confidence to pull of certain looks or to try new things. Well, you know what I decided? What the hell?! I mean, really! What's the worst that could happen if an outfit turns out to be a total flop? I wear it for one day, 12 hours at the most, I learn from the mistake and try something different. I mean, it's not like I have to be buried in the thing! And on the plus side, if I try something a little risky and it rocks, I can do it again. Basically, I've just been being a baby about this and I realized I can never get out of this rut if I don't take chances. So I said Eff it and wore what I wanted! Who cares what anyone else thinks, I'm wearing it for me! And I'm so glad I did because it wasn't a flop at all! I've had this skirt folded in the closet longer than I care to admit, it needed to finally be worn! 













Abercrombie & Fitch Skirt  {similar}{great price} // Sheer Tank from Meijer {similar}{similar; great price} // Almost Famous Cut-Off Chambray (Thrifted) {similar vest}{similar shirt}{fun DIY version}// Target Boots {similar}{cute option} // Pacsun Ring {similar}{cute option} // Thrifted Bracelet  {similar}{cute option} // Pacsun Necklace {similar}{affordable option} // F21 Earrings  {similar}{affordable option} // Wet Wild Lipstick in Stoplight Red  {same}

So do you guys think? Was it a win? I love it. I don't know if it's the outfit in particular that I love or just what it represents; me letting go of insecurities and wearing what I like. This outfit was a turning point. It opened doors into a more adventurous personal style. I just hope I can live up to it and maintain this attitude of "Who the hell cares? I wear what I want!". I may be a mom but I'm only 28! I'm not dead yet! Until next time, guys... 
 photo Signature.png
You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and Pinterest!



34 comments :

  1. You wear it so well, have great legs & I love the way you dressed it down with the boots! Who cares what any one else thinks cos you liked it & felt good wearing it! Go Girl! :) I really love the blouse too! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andrea! You just made my whole day!

      Delete
  2. It's a win def! I love, the ring..oh cute and sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute. I always feel so self conscious when my skirts are on the shorter side. Any recommendations? I'm always afraid to bend down or get out of the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I hear ya! I finally just got tired of being so self conscious all the time! I reached a point that I just don't care anymore. Not really sure what the turning point was. I say, just go for it! You won't regret it! :)

      Delete
  4. It is fabulous in and of itself and because of what it represents! Congrats on your break-thru (one of many to come now I am sure!!!) I love it with the vest. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I agree, it's so liberating to just wear what you want! I've spent way too much time worrying how I look to others. It's a huge weight lifted!

      Delete
  5. Your outfit is just perfect!!! and I love your blog name :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't take full credit for the name, it was a joint effort with my sister ;)

      Delete
  6. Great outfit, love your boots :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at welcome to the weekend blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is cute! I love your attitude! P.S. thanks for linking up with Anything & Everything this week!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    xoxo Tori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving my new attitude, too! haha Thanks so much for stopping by Tori!

      Delete
  8. Honestly, I love it. The slouchy top, the skirt, the boots — all of it works. And if it represents you doing you and wearing what makes you feel awesome, I'm all for it!

    Found you via Passion for Fashion. Find me at http://greenandgorgeous.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennae! It's a great feeling!

      Delete
  9. I love it!! I have a similar skirt from Old Navy... and I wasn't sure how to style it... can I steal your look?
    Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion! *pinning this!!!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!! I would love to see your interpretation! I can't believe someone is actually pinning MY look! You just made my whole day Lena!! :)

      Delete
  10. I love the ring (as well as the rest of your gorgeous outfit of course) it's such an unusual print. I love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mia! This ring is a definite favorite of mine!

      Delete
  11. Love it! Love your jewelry...so cute! Have fun with fashion now while you are in your 20s and it will be something you will keep on doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. LOVE this outfit! So fun and fashionable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. also from the weekend blog hop! I loved this post - especially you're vest holy cannoli its amazeballs. Definitely a win!

    xo Rachael
    arunawaymuse.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm going to have to steal that...amazeballs! :) Thanks Rachael!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what you were stressing over ~ ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! Continue to go with your gut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks great! Love the colour of the blouse :)

    Katie | Loverly She

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's terribly important to dress precisely the way you want to! I'm quite certain that then you'll never have reason to regret the way you dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your attitude!! :-) AND you rocked this outfit Lindsey!!! Love it!
    xo~Sherry
    thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for linking up with Friday's Five, hope to see you back again this week!

    Amber
    Enter the Friday Link Up!

    FACE IT Catalog

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips