High Heels and Training Wheels: {Bloggerific Tutes Tuesday} Creating a Comment Signature

header1

5.13.2013

{Bloggerific Tutes Tuesday} Creating a Comment Signature

Hey guys it's another Bloggerific Tute! Today's tip is going to be short because it is just that simple. Like, seriously. And it is soo handy. There's honestly no reason why everyone shouldn't do it. 
The biggest and best part of blogging, for me, is the community. We all want others to visit our blog and who doesn't love getting comments? Comments are what keep me going. When I'm having a particularly low "blogging day", it's the comments the encourage me. 
But how do you find someone's blog to repay them the kind words if you don't have their URL? And when they do leave an URL, how tedious is it to copy and paste everyone's URLs into a new tab on your browser for 40 some odd comments each day? There is a way to make it easier! So, SO much easier! This lovely little thing called a comment signature. Da, da, da, daah!!
So ordinarily when you comment on someone's blog, it might look something like this:

" Super cute outfit! You look fabulous!
Lindsey
http://hhandtw.blogspot.com "

but what if you could make it look like this:

 " Super cute outfit! You look fabulous!
Lindsey
High Heels and Training Wheels "

Ok, that is a totally cheesy and impersonal comment and I would hang my head in shame if I left that on someone's blog but it works for our purposes. So, you see where it now says "High Heels and Training Wheels" all nice and pretty instead of that ugly URL? Yeah, that's a clickable link that will take you directly to my homepage. Go ahead, give it a click......Ok, now that you're back, we can get to the code that makes it possible.
<a href='YourURLHere'>YourTextHere</a>



So where you see "YourURLhere" is where you would obviously put your URL. If it is just a generic comment signature, you would generally use the URL to your homepage. I've made comments where I'm referencing something specific on my blog and I would enter the URL for that specific post. Where you see "YourTextHere" is where you enter the text you want to be displayed. For me it is "High Heels and Training Wheels". 
My code would look like this:
<a href='http://hhandtw.blogspot.com/'>High Heels and Training Wheels</a>
 
I like to do, is open up a Notepad document in Windows and type my code there. I just leave the document open so anytime I want to comment on someone's blog, I can just copy and paste straight from there instead of retyping it with every comment. If you don't like always having it open, just save the document and pull it up whenever you need it. And that is literally all there is to it! I told you it was simple! 
 As always, let me know if you guys have any questions. Happy commenting everyone!
 photo Signature.png
You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and Pinterest!


20 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for this tutorial!
    Using it now :)
    Micha and ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Now I can come visit you! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this--very helpful for a newbie like myself! (It really does work!)

    Jenn

    Planting Daffodils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a relatively new blogger myself and I had to hunt down every little piece of information I could find. Starting from scratch is hard! I hope to put all of those bits of info that I found to be helpful all in one place for other newbies. I'm so glad it helped you! Now one simple click, and I come visit Planting Daffodils! :)

      Delete


  3. Thanks so much for this, I agree it is very time consuming writing our URL in all the time. I can't wait to take advantage of this!

    Bugs and Beans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will make commenting SO much easier! Not to mention how much easier it makes for people to visit you! :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a huge help!! Thank you so much! I actually thought of this earlier today how helpful it would be to have something like this but of course had NO idea how to do it. Thanks again!!

    NewMrsAdventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! Thanks sooo much for posting this! Saw your blog on style elixers link up! Love it! I'm your newest follower! :)

    Sprinkles&Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thank you so much for posting, will be using this from now on!!
    Karen
    Karen's Soiree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    Ellya

    CuriositaEllya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Great to know! BeBetsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Now I don't have to type it out all the time. Let's see if it works now!

    Random Crafty Georgia Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, I used to wonder how other bloggers do that!
    MomMy Hanny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tips, Pinning!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip! I'm using it in my comments now!
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much! I have been looking how to do this for ages! Thankyou :) x


    Beaumaquillagex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Going to try it right now!

    Share the Day at Fields of Basil

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could it be that I've just written my first bit of HTML?? If this works, you're a genius - really simple explanation, thanks :)

    Emotionally Aware Feeding

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did just write your first bit of HTML! Exciting isn't it!? :) I can't take full credit here; I am far from genius. I found this long ago and just wanted to pass it on because I think it's wonderful! I never write a comment without it! Glad it helped you out, Jo!

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips