High Heels and Training Wheels: My Week in White: Day to Night

header1

5.05.2013

My Week in White: Day to Night

Hey everyone! It's a brand new week and I am back and I am blogging. Today is a good day! All week long I am featuring my new white jeans. Versatility is the name of the game here. For us girls who have very little money in the budget for clothes, versatile items are invaluable. To have classic pieces that function as a wardrobe workhorse is a necessity. Chambray is number 1 for me but following in a close second are these white jeans.



Today is simply turning a casual daytime look into a nighttime look with a quick change of accessories. This is another invaluable asset. If you can make the pieces you own work for different occasions, you can essentially double your entire wardrobe. I'm telling you, it's imperative if you're working on a budget and don't want to circulate the same exact outfits in close rotation. I have so many more different looks now but I'm actually spending  less just by buying smart pieces. Not to mention how much time is saves! If you're a mom, you know how busy kids can keep you. Have you ever had dinner plans and you're rushing around to get the kids ready for the sitter and you end up with zero time for yourself? Yeah, we all have. Being able to get ready in half the time is a life saver!  

Old Navy Stripe Shirt {on sale} // Old Navy Jeans (c/o Crowdtap) {same} // Aero Denim Jacket (thrifted){great price} // Rue 21 Heels (thrifted) {similar} // Target Sandals (thrifted) {similar}
So for me, a simple change like sandals to a pair of heels makes this a nighttime look. It's not super dressy but that's what fits my lifestyle. I think a blazer would have finished it off perfectly though and it's on my "to buy" list. Write that down on your to-do list ladies, right next to white jeans: "Buy perfect fit blazer". Be sure to check back all week to see the other ways I styled my new favorite jeans!

Update! I was featured on Black.White.Color AND Still Being Molly!!

 photo Signature.png
You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and    Pinterest!




14 comments :

  1. Great post. I have a pair of white jeans but have yet to style them with pieces. You have given me some great ideas, girl! I can't wait to see what else you pair them with. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm HELLO! You look amazing! I loveeee these white jeans! I have a pair (from the goodwill of course) but they are just so uncomfortable! I really need to find me another pair so I can get more use out of them. I can't wait to see how else you wear yours :)

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! love how heels always spice up an outfit!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the budget of this outfit too! Well done - I'm always trying to make the most of our money as we have 3 hungry kids to feed! Love the way you rock those white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing better than a great pair of white jeans. These fit you like a glove. I love both looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the white jeans & that Old Navy top is fabulous. I just got a pair of white skinny capri's. I have so many ideas. Thanks for the inpsiration. You look great & I love the deals. Thanks for linking up with Real Mom STyle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both look I need a pair of white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both looks. FAbulous.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this same Old Navy top (what a great deal on it, right?!) and one of the outfits I had in my head for it was with white bottoms. And I can see here that it totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look! It's so effortless and so adorable!

    xxoo,
    Mary
    The Classy Cubicle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers!! I stopped by to let you know that I was going to be featuring you this week for the linkup and saw the white jeans! Which happens to be part of this week's theme..great minds think alike! Shoot me an email with whatever pic you would like for me to use Wednesday, or I can grab one from here. Just let me know :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great look! I love how easy you can change it with the shoes and cardi! You are rockin it girl!

    Found you from the blog hop! You can find my blog here:http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup! Looking fabulous, and some top notch styling from day to night. And in this transitional season, white jeans are a real boon to your wardrobe!
    Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome!! Cool look!!!! I love white pants so many different looks!!!
    I am just dropping in from Lets Get Social Sunday to thank you for joining in and to follow you via GFC
    Hugs
    Evelyn
    @ My Turn for us
    http://www.myturnforus.com/

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips