High Heels and Training Wheels: Lipstick Say Wha?

header1

5.14.2013

Lipstick Say Wha?

So today's outfit may be my favorite that I've worn on the blog thus far. Although, I'm not quite sure why. No one piece in particular is all that special but something about them all coming together made me absolutely love it. 95% of it is thrifted and it just goes to show, you do not need to have a lot of money to look fabulous! Us po' folks can rock it too!











JC Penny Sleeveless Chambray (thrifted) $4.00 {similar}{similar} // Mudd Dress (thrifted) $8.00 {similar look}{cute option}{similar} // Merona Wedges (thrifted) $8.00 {similar}{similar}{cute option} // Target Sunnies $5.00 {similar}{similar} // F21 Necklace  // Thrifted Bracelet $2.00 {similar} // Old Navy Earrings $2.00  // Wet n Wild Lipstick in Cinnamon $0.98 {same}

I never, ever wear lipstick. I have always worn a full face of makeup (more out of necessity than choice) but I always forwent lip color. My idea of lip wear was my trusty Carmex. But I just got a wild hair and decided to go for it and I mean, I really went for it. I didn't choose a safe peachy pink, I went for the bright, fiery red. And you know what? I don't think this outfit would have been very memorable without it! I've finally realized that lipstick isn't just an extension of your makeup, it's an accessory! So lip color is now going to be a part of my 'style'. If you aren't a lipstick wearing kind of gal, give it a try...just make sure it's not on your teeth! That's my insider's secret for the day, don't wear lipstick on your teeth. You heard it here folks, right here on High Heels and Training Wheels! Come back tomorrow for another super secret tip! ;)


I also just wanted to say really quickly to all of you who have left comments on my recent posts, I am getting back to them! I always, ALWAYS reply to all of my comments; always! I appreciate each and every one and that you took the time to leave one. With the loss I've recently gone through though, I have slipped on replying to them of late but I am slowly getting to them now. I have read every single comment down to the last punctuation mark and I promise I will now reply to them all. I apologize for the lapse of time. Pretty please, don't stop commenting!
 photo Signature.png


You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and    Pinterest!



14 comments :

  1. Very cool! Love those wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you via The Pleated Poppy. You should wear lipstick - it looks great on you! This is such a good look too.

    Come link up with me at Watcha Wearing Wednesday http://www.themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so casual and chic at the same time. My kind of outfit right there! I love the shoes, and I am right there with you when it comes to lipstick. I am more of a lipgloss girl but when I opt for a lipstick I can't believe the difference I feel! I am a makeup hoarder in general, but my lipstick collection is lacking. Hoarding takes time....
    Hailey
    Love, Laughter and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! I found you through Shanna's link up :) I love your style and I love thrifting, too. It can be addicting! Those are some great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those wedges, and especially that price!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're my new favorite fashion blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the lipstick, and the whole look!

    thanks for linking up with dress for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right... everything together is perfect!! You look fabulous! :)
    LOVE that skirt!

    Visiting from the Dress For The Day linkup!

    (I've started a new fashion linkup on Fridays... hope to see you there!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wedges!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. lipstick is seriously the best make up ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thrifting queen! These are some great finds. Such a fun outfit for summer and your red lips look great - I agree, they are the perfect accessory.
    www.the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your sleeveless shirts & seriously need to introduce some into my wardrobe! I'm a lip gloss kinda girl! Ax

    http://couscousandcorkwedges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips