High Heels and Training Wheels: Weekend Wedding Wear

header1

5.19.2013

Weekend Wedding Wear

Welcome to a new week everyone! I'm actually grateful it's Monday, we had an exhausting weekend. Little Iz had her spring dance recital this weekend and the crap mom I am, I forgot my camera. Yeah, that's how terrible I am. This blurry picture from my (newly) shattered phone at dress rehearsal is all I've got.


So today I'm dressing her up in full dance attire and full makeup so I can get some pictures. I'm so cereal, I'm not even kidding. She was too cute not to have pictures of her! We also went to a wedding. And once again, I forgot my camera. What is wrong with me?? I must be losing my mind! I did get a few of my outfit for the blogski before we left, so you guys got lucky! ;)





Salon Perfect False Lashes  // Wet n Wild Lipstick in 'Hot Paris Pink'  // L'Oreal True Match Blush in 'Innocent Flush' 



Outfit Deets:
H&M Dress (thrifted) $12.00 {cute option} // Rue 21 Heels (thrifted) $8.00 {similar}{super cute option} // Old Navy Necklace  $12.00 {similar} // Walmart Earrings $3.00 // Old Navy Ring $6.00 {affordable option} // Walmart Bracelet $3.00 // Salon Perfect Lashes $4.99 {same} // Wet n Wild Lipstick in Hot Paris Pink $0.99 {same} // Pure Ice Nail Polish in Flirt Alert {same}
This is the thrifted dress I posted about here. It was a $30 dress that still had the tags on it and I got it for $12.00. The shoes were bought at the same time and they were a steal at $8.00. I had originally intended on finding a navy pair of heels, maybe with a gold toe, to go with this dress. The more I thought about it though, the more I thought it would be fun with the bright contrasting accessories. I loved the end result, even the hubs liked it and as a general rule he hates everything I wear. I ain't even kiddin' ya. He's crazy but I love him anyway. (I had to add that last part for his benefit because he reads the blog) Hi, honey!
This is also the debut of all the products I posted in Friday's Haul. I love the color of this lipstick, it went perfectly with the rest of my 'pops of pink' and the lashes made a huge impact. The blush also went great with the bright lips, a little something but subtle enough that the two weren't competing. 
I don't go to weddings often, but we had fun. Plus, it was fun to finally wear my dress! Until next time...
 photo Signature.png
You can also find High Heels on Bloglovin'TwitterFacebook and    Pinterest!




36 comments :

  1. Great deals. The dress is really pretty and the pink pumps adds such a great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made sure to tell everyone all night how much I DIDN'T spend!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Found you through Monday Mingling. Followed through GFC! I looove your heels! So adorbs.
    -Kay @ California DIY Diva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kay! So happy to have you!

      Delete
  3. Cute look! Sorry about forgetting the camera, but sometimes I think its good..forces us to live out from behind a screen (Though I'd prob do the same thing and dress my kiddo up again ha!) Also..how do you link up to these link parties ahead of time?? I don't get how that is done, what am I missing? ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! The million dollar question! I ALWAYS wondered that about other blogs, they always had their little "linky" ducks in a row and if there's an answer to that question, I don't know. I just copy and paste from my post from the previous week. Mondays I always link to the same blogs, so I go to last Monday's post and copy all of them so I don't have to retype them every week. I just link to their homepage so if they haven't posted their linky/blog hop, I can go ahead and post mine. So I haven't necessarily "linked" to all of them yet, I just go ahead and paste them in there. Am I making any sense?? haha I hope that helps!

      And PS, you're right! I did actually get to really WATCH her instead of watching her behind a screen and I enjoyed it so much!!

      Delete
  4. Lovely choice pairing blue and bright pink, they are stunning together!

    http://watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm finally hopping on this bright color bandwagon! :)

      Delete
  5. Great choice pairing blue and bright pink.. they are stunning together!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of your best looks thus far Lindsey. Love the Dress & the necklace is stunning. I am glad to see you in heels, finally.

    Stop by when you can - don't forget about me. Thanks, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Ada! I think I have to agree with you :)

      Delete
  7. Cute, I like the blue with the pink. :) Thanks for linking up with Real Mom Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress, I love the pink necklace and heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I decided to go with contrasting colors :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful dress! Thanks for linking up to My Style Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the contrast of the heels and blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this dress. So pretty!!!! Stop by my blog and enter my stella & dot giveaway.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Agi! Don't worry, I already did ;)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you! One of my better thrift finds :)

      Delete
  13. I love the print of your dress! And the blue/pink color combo looks fabulous!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  14. girl you are fabulous, and so beautiful!!! you wear bright colors SO well! love it so much :)

    -Jenna Brianne <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks girl! I'm going to have to go bright more often! :)

      Delete
  15. First off, let me say that this dress is perfection! The cut and pattern is too cute. And when I looked down to your feet, those hot pink pumps are beyond gorgeous :)

    I'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Such a nice comment! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Nah... not a crap mom ...just one dropped ball in the circus of juggling you do every day.
    Sweet ballarina girl. You got her there!
    And you look so pretty, yourself. Sweet styling for mum and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! You made me feel a little better :) I'm going to have to start writing "take the camera" on my hand or something! haha

      Delete
  17. Very nice, love the pops of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the "Weekend Wedding Wear" Looking forward to your next post! Yours plus
    size wedding dresses uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. This tea length dress has its own look. The other accessories (earrings, necklace, ring, shoes) are also showing their great performance.
    wedding venue essex

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips